Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Random Love Bites

Does your glider baby randomly bite you for no apparent reason? Mine do, at least Henry anyway. I haven't quite figured out why he does it though. He seems bonded to me for the most part. I can take him out of the cage, fingers covered with the sleeve of my shirt, he crawls all over me, he is the first one to greet me when I open the cage, or even if I don't. He is the first one out of the cage for play time, lets me pet him and kiss him too. The problem is; every chance he gets, he bites. He seems to like fingers and especially toes during tent time, with or without socks, it doesn't matter to him. I guess toes are toes, covered or not!

Now I know the main reasons gliders bite is for grooming and that is usually a nibble, nibble, bite. But they also need to test us (or taste us). They can also bite because of the like or dislike of the shampoo, lotion, body spray, deodorant, etc we use. 
About 6 months after I got Henry, it was starting to get a bit chilly outside so I was wearing a jacket, I got Henry out of his pouch to let him crawl around on me for a bit. Well, Henry decided he didn't like the open space or whatever so he climbed inside my jacket which was fine until he decided to crawl into my sleeve. You see, that particular day I had worn coconut body spray... a body spray that is very coconut scented by the way. So he is in my sleeve crawling around and all of a sudden HE BIT! And this was not a nibble, nibble bite, let me tell ya! He bit really hard, then again and just kept doing it!! All I could do was cry and beg him to stop as I was trying to move him up and out of my sleeve. It was horrible. However, once I got him out, he just looked up at me with the sweetest little eyes and seemed to be saying... what's your problem 😂😂

So, all in all , the moral of this blog is that while I have no idea why he bites me... Henry is still and always be THE BEST SUGAR BABY EVER!! 

Hope you enjoyed my little story.

Until next time, 
~ Happy Gliding Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment