Saturday, March 25, 2017

Progress

I am very happy to report that after owning Henry for a year and almost 2 months, he finally let me hold him and even rubbed his belly. I am pretty sure this is not going to be an all the time thing but it is certainly a start.
I have done everything I can possibly think of to bond with this little guy and he has absolutely refused.... or so I thought. I knew he was starting to bond as far as coming to the door on the cage when he heard my voice and being the first one out the cage to have playtime.
I got him out of the cage yesterday and decided to spend some bonding time with him. I didn't put him in a pouch and thought I would just let him run around on me as I walked through the house picking things up and putting them away. After a few minutes, I decided he was too much fun and stopped doing everything else. I sat down on the couch, he climbed into my shirt front pocket and was trying to fall asleep. I happened to notice his nails were getting caught so of course I clipped them. Now here comes the big surprise.... I held him!! The bottom of my shirt was between him and my hand but i was able to cup my other hand over him, which has never happened. He eventually fell asleep, which has also never happened, I was then able to rub his belly. Usually he would bite me as soon as I reached for his belly... this time he just lay there and didn't even move.
I'm thinking maybe he was just overly tired and didn't even care.

Click below to watch the video and tell me what you think!

As always,
~ Happy Gliding

No comments:

Post a Comment